When installing Zeon Zoysia in the winter, homeowners should know that it goes dormant during this season. However, this sod variety can be laid during winter, which will help prevent the creation of muddy areas, and land erosion is avoided. Clients should consider several factors influencing the decision to install the sod in the winter. Even though it’s not the best time for installation, people still make this choice.
Reasons to Install Zeon Zoysia During Winter
A client can have fundamentally three primary reasons for choosing to install sod grass during the winter. Homeowners should understand that early spring and late summer seasons can be considered the best time to lay sod because of the high installation success rate. Still, people decide to install the Zeon Zoysia sod grass during winter for three significant reasons.
1. Sometimes, sporting complex management has to organize an event in an emergency. When the inspection team observes the ground, they will find out that the grass has bald patches and is unfit to play on. So, the management decides to install the so grass during the winter. Although this sod grass remains dormant during the winter, it will fully establish as soon as spring arrives, and the field will be ready for the gaming season.
2. It has been observed on several occasions that the completion time of a house is decided for later, but the buyer demands to move into the property earlier. The builders must push the construction process forward. This means that the installation of the grass is also done earlier, during the winter season.
3. Scientists have concluded that barren lands without grass are the main cause of land erosion. So, to prevent this phenomenon from happening, sod grass should be planted. The reasons for choosing sod grass are that the establishment rate is faster than normal grass, and the roots can grip the ground firmly. Installing different grass varieties like Centipede sod, Empire Zoysia, and Emerald Zoysia will help prevent ground deterioration.
What Risks are Involved with Winter Installation?
As mentioned in the introductory paragraph, the Zeon Zoysia sod grass stays dormant during the winter, so some risks are involved during its installation. Homeowners need to know what risks are involved in the winter installation.
1. The sod grass requires more care and maintenance in the winter. But the cold winter prevents the homeowners from taking sufficient care of the sod grass. Sod grass experts like Atlanta Sod Farms explain that neglecting the law during winter can turn the grass brown.
2. Very little rain is expected during the winter, which might cause the sod grass to wither. The sod grass requires additional water during winter, so when the grass enters the establishment period, it will grow beautifully.
Sod Grass Installation Steps in the Winter
Clients should understand that the sod establishment during the winter is almost the same as in the summer. The only significant difference occurs when additional care and maintenance must be taken to prepare the soil and post-installation.
Removing the Previous Centipede Sod
If homeowners want to renovate their lawns and install new grass, the old grass should be removed. You can hire a professional team to remove Emerald Zoysia grass or use a pitchfork to remove the initial layer of sod grass. Then the roots are dug up with a spade or shovel.
Order the Sod Grass from the Best Suppliers
Homeowners make the mistake of not considering the right time for sod grass installation. The grass installation can wait for twenty-four hours, but after this time, the grass will start to wither, and post-installation issues will occur.
Soil Preparation is Essential
You should hire a professional installation team to lay sod grass properly. The team will assist with soil testing, clearing the ground, watering the soil, and applying fertilizer. The installers will ensure that all debris is removed so that the roots can grip the ground properly.
The Proper Process of Laying the Sod Grass
If homeowners are installing the sod themselves, they should know the proper method. The installation must start from the lawn boundary and reach the middle. Homeowners should ensure no gaps between the two rows of grass rolls.
Homeowners should take proper care of the sod grass during the establishment time. The grass should be watered daily, don’t allow anyone to walk on the lawn, avoid mowing the grass, and don’t apply fertilizer and herbicide to the Zeon Zoysia.
These are the important things to consider when laying sod grass during winter.
Below are three questions that will clear the concept of installing sod grass in the winter.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you lay sod in the winter in Georgia?
The ideal time to lay Zeon Zoysia is during the spring and late summer. The grass can be applied during the winter, but the roots will establish when spring arrives.
When can I plant zoysia in Georgia?
You can plant any species of Zoysia in Georgia and the best time to lay them is in early spring so that the grass can be established properly.
Should zoysia be watered in winter?
Water is applied to the sod grass during winter to prevent it from drying and turning brown. You should use one to one and a half inches of water weekly.
Also read techmagazines