Teen Patti is a fast and fun card game that’s based in India. Players are given three cards facing down and the winner is the one with the strongest hand combination. It’s not as complicated as a Poker game, but it’s still pretty high stakes before the session even starts. Players have a pot in the pot before the session and then compete for it. The stakes go up as the game goes on. It’s won and lost according to preset hand rankings. These rankings will help you get a better feel for the strength of each hand, so you’ll be able to make better choices. No matter if you’re just starting out or you’re a pro, these rankings will help you make sure you’re winning every hand.
Here, are some basic teen patti rules that player should follow in order to be king of the teen patti:
- In Teen Patti, a trail is made up of three cards that are the same type, no matter what color they are or what suit they’re in. For example, if you have three Aces – one from each heart, spade and diamond – you have a trail that’s the highest in this hand. Three Aces of hearts are also in the same rank. Kings are next, then queens, jacks, 10’s and the rest. Finally, two is the lowest rank.
- In Teen Patti, Indian players call it the ‘pakki round’. Basically, it’s when you get three cards out of the same suit. The first card in that suit usually gets the highest rank. But there are some cases where you can give the highest rank to a card in a different suit.If you have a queen of hearts, king of hearts, queen of diamonds, queen of clubs, and queen of spades, the queen of hearts has the highest rank.
- In Teen Patti, a run or straight sequence looks a bit like a pure sequence.It’s a sequence of three cards, but each card is in a different suit. The first card in this sequence is A, which is the top card in the regular game. But in the variant, it’s set up to be A, K-Q. The next card in the sequence is 4, and that’s the lowest hand in the sequence. Obviously, a straight sequence isn’t valid in Teen Patti.
- A color or flush in Teen Patti is a hand of three cards that belong to the same suit, but are not in sequence. The highest-ranking hand in this sequence is A-K-J of either spades, clubs, diamonds or hearts, followed by A-K-10, A-K-9, and so on. The lowest ranking color or flush sequence is 5-3-2.
- A pair or double in Teen Patti is two cards with the same rank, regardless of the color or suit. The highest hand is based on the number of uncommon cards present in a hand. For example, if one has two Aces, the highest hand with the highest number of Aces will be the highest hand. Similarly, if one has a hand with an A-K, the highest hand is the one with an A first followed by a B.
- In Teen Patti, a high card is similar to a flush. The hand contains three cards, each in a suit distinct from the preceding one and not conforming to the same alignment. As a result, the highest card in the hand corresponds to the highest suit, while the lowest card corresponds to the lowest suit. If a card has the same high suit, the following card is the following highest.
The enduring popularity of Teen Patti and poker game, has seen it evolve over time, introducing new forms of interaction and connecting people. Whether played in a traditional environment or on a digital device, its enduring popularity has made it a beloved activity for many.