What would you do if you were stranded on a deserted island and had to build your own shelter? Would you build something resembling a traditional house made of lumber and bricks? Perhaps you’d opt for something more rudimentary, like a small cardboard box. In this blog post, we will show you how to make your very own small cardboard box house. We will also discuss some of the practical considerations that go into making such a shelter, such as selecting the right materials and designing for wind and rain protection.
-1 box of cereal boxes or any other small cardboard boxes
-Painting supplies such as a paintbrush, white paint, and a canvas
-Scissors or a knife
1. Start by painting the outside of the cereal boxes with white paint. Allow the paint to dry completely before continuing. Be sure to use a light coat so that the colors will show through later on.
2. Cut out windows and doorways using scissors or a knife. Try to make them as symmetrical as possible so that the house has an overall balanced look. Add decorations such as furniture or plants if you’d like.
3. Once everything is finished, glue the doors and windows onto their respective places using white glue or hot glue. If you’d like, you can also hang plants or items from the ceilings using fishing lines or string.
How to Make a Small Cardboard Box House
small cardboard box house instructions
-One small cardboard box
-Paint or a sealant such as polyurethane
-Ruler or measuring tape
-Paintbrush or a roller
-Table saw with miter saw attachment
-Stiles (4) -12″ x 1.5″ x 0.5″ and screws (4) -1.5″ x 0.5″ x 2.0″.
Step One: Cut the Box Box into Four Equilateral Triangles The first step is to cut the box into four equilateral triangles, using scissors. Make sure to leave a small hole in the top of each triangle for the roof. The angles you make should be 120 degrees, measured from one corner to another. Once you have cut the triangles, set them aside. Step Two: Assemble the Roof the roof of your house will be made up of four triangular pieces. First, take one of the triangle pieces and measure out 3 inches from one corner and mark it with a pencil. Then, make an X on that point with your ruler or tape measure. Next, take the second triangle piece and measure out 4 inches from that same corner and mark it with a pencil too. Now draw a line perpendicular to both marks which will divide the triangle in half lengthwise (see image below). Use your fingers to bend this line until it forms
Tips for Making a Small Cardboard Box House
Make a small cardboard box house by following these tips:
1. Start with a sturdy cardboard box. The bigger the box, the harder it will be to build the house on top of it.
2. Use a saw to cut out the desired shape of your house from the cardboard. Be sure to leave enough excess around all sides of the house so that you can fold and attach the sides later.
3. Trace around your house onto a new piece of cardboard and then cut out the traced outline.
4. Fold each corner of your house up towards the center, then unfold and press down firmly on each end to secure them in place. Repeat for all four corners.
5. Mark where you want the rooflines of your house to be and cut out two pieces of roofing material that are slightly larger than your traced outlines (it’s okay if they overlap a bit). Then, hold one piece against the front side of your house and line up corresponding cuts on the other piece, making sure not to cut through any of the folds you just made! Finally, fold both pieces in half so that they form an “X” and fasten them together with hot glue or tape
To make a small cardboard box house, you will need:
-Small cardboard boxes
-Paint or a sealant
-Plywood or other sturdy material for the roof and walls
-Ruler or a straight edge
-Circular saw or an electric jigsaw
-Drill and screws
There are plenty of ways to make a cardboard box house. The simplest way is to use a large cardboard box, cut out the inside, and tape it together with duct tape. You can also buy an inexpensive kit that includes all the materials you need. Another option is to use shipping boxes or large cereal boxes. Just cut out a hole in the top and bottom of the box, and then use construction paper or heavy cardstock to create the walls and roof. You can also create a more elaborate structure by using several smaller boxes together, or by attaching pieces of wood or plastic to the outside of the boxes.